Sunday, February 22, 2009

DISNEYLAND!

This past week was a mini-reunion for our family. Our week started with a visit to Disneyland where Scott, Kristin, Heidi, and kids met us for the day. The weather cooperated and cleared for us and the lines were fairly short. Our biggest challenge was getting everyone well. Kristin, Josh, Meggie, Kaylee, and then myself all came down with different bugs. Despite that we powered through and had a magical day. The Pirates of the Caribbean worked its magic and lulled both Trent and Charlie to sleep! The cousins reacquainted quickly and enjoyed sharing snacks, strollers, tips and the magic of Disney. Tyler and Josh could be found wrestling just about anywhere. Cameron became Tyler's buddy and announced he was going on every ride that "this big kid" was going on. Ethan charmed us with his loves and his cute cheeks- which was all you could see under his baseball cap. Charlie and Trent tried to break free and explore at every opportunity. Kaylee and Megan adored their aunties and are hoping for some girl cousins to play with! Greg, Kaylee, Scott, Kristin, and Heidi braved Splash Mountain even in the colder evening weather and didn't get soaked- darn! My favorites are the Matterhorn, Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain. The faster, the more loops, the better.
The next day we enjoyed California Adventure and its rides. I think I am starting to favor California Adventure over Disneyland. I LOVE California Screamin', Soaring over California, and Muholland Madness, and the Toy Story ride. The kids fell in love with the rope bridges and zip lines in the Redwood parks. Someday, I hope to stay at the Grand California Hotel with just Greggie and I and play at the park, just the two of us (hint hint).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: