Needless to say, he was devastated. Wanting to fix the problem, Greg to him to the hobby store and bought a bigger, more expensive helicopter. Mind you, I wasn't consulted on this one. While Tyler was at a birthday party, Greg "tried" it out. It broke. He tried to return it. No returns on hobby articles that have been flown. Well, I don't know that it actually flew, but it was difficult to argue.
When Tyler found out the second round was broken before he even touched it, he was crushed. Originally, Tyler wanted a Lego Star Wars Gun ship, but we wanted to expand his horizons a little- he basically lives in a star wars/ clone wars mindset- so Greg found the helicopters. They were a definite bust.
By this time we were out of our house and getting ready to leave the state. We could not take any more baggage onto the plane- we had FAR more than we could manage. So Tyler waited until we got to Texas, and then he waited while Daddy searched for a truck, and then he waited while we unpacked, and finally Daddy and Tyler went shopping.
At the store, Tyler changed his mind and decided on an AT-TE walker. A very involved, intensive, complicated project. He went to work. I didn't see him for 8 hours straight. He studied the manual and worked and reworked and reworked. And then he emerged with this:

NICE WORK BUDDY!








1 comment:
I bought one of those stupid helicopters for myself this past Christmas and it lasted about 5 minutes... but fortunately I was able to return it. They certainly look cooler than they are.
Post a Comment